Thursday 21 August 2014

Post uni blues!



Ok, I admit it,
I miss uni!
I miss the people, the work, everything about it.
there was a path set out for you and you followed it, but now you are out on your own and its scary.

Since leaving my job at Mercury design and marketing and when I'm not looking for more creative pathways I have been spending my time reading unemployed graduate blogs, and it turns out there is A LOT of them,
and these are not graduates from now, these are people who have finished uni a year ago, or even longer than that! that kinda scares me...

one of my favourite reads at the moment is - http://www.awaywiththefairiesblog.com
a graduate who is trying to make a living out of blogging, but who has become criticised by the media for dreaming of a lovely life with a huge house.. However her blog is successful and I think her dreams could become a reality.
I do think todays 20 somethings can be in a dream world, (I am partly guilty of this too!) , maybe we think we deserve to have things easier because we have a degree? but I think that is something which is put in our minds at university by tutors and the university lifestyle itself.

I have been lucky enough to bag myself some graphic design freelance work and some modelling work too! so its just finding even more work which will keep my bank balance happy!

Sadly, I have had to look for part time retail jobs for the time being just so that I know that there is a definite wage coming in every month along side my freelance work..even though I don't really want to have to go back to retail part time..but who does?

I'll admit I am enjoying a little bit of time off since I left the job 2 weeks ago, as I jumped straight in to this job soon as my university work had been completed.

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment